IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1 Update
I recently updated a Domino server running Traveler on Linux 64 to 9.0.1. The Domino upgrade went off without a hitch. After much trying and searching for answers I couldn’t get the Traveler installer to run in either console or GUI mode. Finally opened a PMR to be told it was a known issue and would only install in silent mode.
One problem solved and another created.
It turns out there are a few glitches in Traveler 9.0.1. I discovered them when I tried to add a user to the Traveler server and it kept rejecting his credentials. As a test I opened a browser on the desktop and went to https://myserver.xxx/traveler. There the credentials were accepted but I got the message that the user ID could not be matched to a mail file!
Another call to support yielded another “known issue” and a hotfix. Haven’t gotten back to the user’s phone yet but the normal Traveler page comes up in the browser so I think we have resolution.
As part of my testing I noticed that the same “user ID could not be matched to a mail file” comes up on another Traveler 9.0.1 server running Windows 32 Domino. Fortunately the hotfix covers all platforms.
Hope this might help others.